Friday, January 2, 2009

TO: you


I offer you a drive home so I can spend more time with you even if it is out of my way.
I play some old hip hop in my car so you can reminisce of happy times.
I open your door and hold your hand while you get out to let you know chivalry still exists.
I walk you to the door because I want you to know I care to take those extra steps (literally and figuratively)...and because I just like to see you when I look over my shoulder...
I hug you and not try to act slick.
I walk away, and turn back only in time to throw a last minute wave and smile.
I get in my car and only drive after I have had time to quickly replay that last image of your precious smile as you waved bye and said thank you.

I drive away, call my best friend and tell him...'She just made my new year.'

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooo cute

Ameena Ashley said...

very sweet

Anonymous said...

toooo precious..got any friends just like you?

Anonymous said...

...they still do exist.

I guess I'll continue to stay patient.

It'll be worth it.

Thanks for conformation Will. Thank You.

Maяіa .:* said...

…and I sat there all year last year, thinking chivalry was dead.

*taps the mic* … Will is a Romeo.
[STOP. REWIND….PLAY. STOP. REWIND….PLAY.]

TheDeF said...

Niceness. I'm glad your first post for the new year was a good one. Whoever "you" are, thanks for making Will smile!

Anonymous said...

I feel you... That's deep. Dope poem too.

Anonymous said...

Cute! But I don't recall this night :S