Saturday, July 26, 2008

The End of the Beginning

















The Remix graduation is this upcoming Tuesday, and my feelings about it is very bittersweet.
Graduation for me has always been more of sad thing than happy. Yea, it feels good to finally be able to complete something you've started and hold it in your hand and feel some sort of completeness.
But on the other side, all that you have become accustomed to is soon ending; The familiar faces, fixed routines and what not. It marks the end and the beginning of something different. Change is good sometimes, but its not always as easy to adapt or accept.

Ive been at the Remix Project now for 8 months and as cliche as this may sound, it has changed the way I see my life and my plans for pursuing my dreams (or reality).

I give a special thanks to Gavin, Drexx, T-Rexxx, Noah, Amanda, Future and Che. But the most important person to me in that facility is Bryan.

Unfortunately Bryan, my vocabulary and capacity to articulate will never be adequate in describing how thankful I really am, but here goes:

I thank you sincerely and deeply. Your triumphs in life and achievements in your career have been a great inspiration for me. I thank you for always making the time to hear me out and giving me your opinions even when they were the opposite. Even though I have failed both you and myself quite frequently, I appreciate that you always believed in me and my abilities; That I could be more than what I am and that I just needed more discipline and focus. Thank you for not giving up on me and always pushing me to do better. Thank you for seeing things in me that I could not by myself.
There is so much I want to say, but this may get mad sappy...and plus I'm having a very difficult time phrasing it in a comprehensive manner.
But I hope this is just the end of the beginning, for I hope that this brotherhood of ours will only grow as time progresses. Next semester will not be the same without you, but I wish you the best in all your endeavors and in your pursuit of happyness. Your presence and teachings will be missed.

To my teacher, my mentor, my friend, my brother, my inspiration...
my thanks.















No comments: